Canton Personal Injury Lawyer
Canton personal injury lawyer Brian S. Karpe has been advocating for victims of serious injuries for over 30 years. Contact the Law Office of Brian S. Karpe, LLC to seek legal representation you can trust after an accident leaves you with medical bills, lost wages, and emotional injuries. Call us today for a no-cost evaluation of your Hartford County claim.
Common forms of injury accidents
Accidents happen every day, and while some can’t be avoided, others were the preventable result of negligent or even reckless behavior by others. When you suffer serious injuries in an accident, and someone else caused that accident, you may have the right to seek the value of the losses associated with your injuries from the responsible party through a personal injury lawsuit.
Many Hartford County residents suffer serious injuries caused by:
- Negligent driving accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Drunk driving accidents
- Dangerous staircase accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Negligent security incidents
Each type of personal injury accident requires specialized knowledge of the factors that cause these accidents and the types of evidence that best support these claims. It is therefore important to find an attorney who has years of experience handling all types of Connecticut injury accident claims and understands what is needed to win. Canton accident lawyer Brian S. Karpe has been fighting and winning on behalf of victims of injury accidents for three decades. His years of practice and knowledge of the law make him the right choice for legal representation after a Hartford injury accident.
How Connecticut insurance adjusters try to reduce your award after an accident
The insurance adjuster may try to make you believe that he or she is on your side and will provide all the benefits you need after an accident. However, the insurance company’s job is to reduce as much as possible the amount that it pays out on any claim. Adjusters will use every tactic they can to get you to take less money than you’re owed after an accident, including:
- Taking advantage of unrepresented claimants: When an insurance adjuster realizes that a claimant hasn’t hired an attorney to represent them, they know that the accident victim probably doesn’t know what their claim is really worth and thinks they’re saving money by not hiring a lawyer. The adjuster will try to get the accident victim to accept a lowball settlement in a hurry, before they have the chance to consult with an attorney.
- Failing to accurately describe the benefits you’re entitled to: An insurance adjuster might try to convince you that your policy or the company’s practices bar you from collecting certain types of compensation, such as certain lost wages or transportation costs. In other cases, the adjuster might conveniently forget to tell you that you’re entitled to reimbursement for some of the accident-related costs you’ve described to them. An attorney will be able to read your policy to learn what you have a right to receive under your contract, as well as what you’re entitled to as a matter of law.
- Telling you your claim has no value: Insurers want you to believe that any money you get for your claim is more than they have an obligation to pay, and they might try to convince you that, according to their lawyers, your claim is worth nothing. The best way to find out whether that’s true is by talking to a personal injury attorney who can help you determine what your claim is actually worth.
Hartford area injury lawyer Brian S. Karpe has worked for insurance companies. He understands the tactics they use when attempting to deny or undervalue claims and knows how to help victims nevertheless get the money they deserve after a major accident. Large Connecticut insurance companies employ hundreds of attorneys to defend against claims like yours. Make it a fair fight by choosing a hardworking and experienced attorney like Brian S. Karpe to represent you. Obtain a free evaluation of your case by contacting the Law Office of Brian S. Karpe, LLC.
Serious injuries can require serious financial help
While some accident injuries heal quickly, others may require months or years off work, or leave victims with permanently disabling conditions. In these cases, victims often have no choice but to sue in order to recover the money they need to afford things like in-home medical care, ongoing physical therapy, and a loss of earning potential. These injuries can include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken arms or wrists
- Broken legs
- Compound fractures
- Serious infections
Get the Help You Need After a Personal Injury in Canton or Surrounding Areas
After a major accident caused by someone else’s careless behavior, victims have a right to be made whole. You deserve to take the time you need to recover physically and emotionally from a serious injury accident without worrying about how you’ll pay your bills in the meantime. The Canton Law Office of Brian S. Karpe, LLC will provide the compassionate and determined legal representation you need after a devastating personal injury accident in Canton or throughout Hartford County, Litchfield and Waterbury. Contact Brian S. Karpe to discuss your case.